About Marji Hanson
My law practice focuses exclusively on consumer bankruptcy law. I can help you decide if bankruptcy will solve your problems and which program, Chapter 7 or Chapter 13, is best suited to meet your financial needs. I have learned about the bankruptcy system in the District of Utah from the inside out.
I worked in the Bankruptcy Court as a lawyer for a bankruptcy judge for three years, as senior staff counsel for a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Trustee for over four years, and in the bankruptcy and litigation sections in one of Salt Lake’s largest and best law firms.
Through my work, I discovered that I enjoyed helping clients deal with their difficult financial situations.
I started my own law practice exclusively restricted to debtor representation in bankruptcy proceedings. Let me put my years of experience and knowledge of the debt relief process, and of the Utah system, to work for you.
- Utah Bankruptcy Lawyers Forum (former trustee and vice president)
- Utah State Bar Character and Fitness Committee
- Utah State Bar Bar Examination Committee (creditor/debtor section)
- Utah State Bar Bankruptcy Section
- Women Lawyers of Utah (former board member and president)
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Utah Bar Foundation (board member)